Saturday 7 January 2012

Capsicum frutescens from India

Happy New Year!

I'm back from three weeks vacation in India. Replacing the lightless, cold, winter stress in Sweden with some relaxing days in Kerala. Now I'm thinking about which varieties to grow in 2012.

While in India, I found a frutescens growing next to the road on the way to the beach. The plant was almost leaning over the wall...


So I couldn't resist picking a pod....

It tasted more or less the same as malagueta or tabasco, but I really enjoy frutescens, so I think I will grow it this year.

Here I am with Carl on the beach :-)

Wishing you all a great weekend!
   Mats

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    Very nice frutescens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this pepper too! But I don't know the name. Do you know what its name is?
    -Giuseppe-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giuseppe! Sorry, I don't know the name. I found the plant alongside the road.

      Kind regards,
      Mats

      Delete
    2. Dear Matt, the name of this variety of Indian Frutescens pepper might be Kanthari Mulaku.
      -Giuseppe-

      Delete
    3. Dear Giuseppe! Thanks for the information! When I grow it the next time, I will call it that. Many thanks!

      Kind regards,
      Mats

      Delete