Friday 26 August 2011

Spicy chick peas

Friday evening and back on the balcony. Currently a heatwave in Stockholm, so now when I'm writing this at nine PM it's 18C. Amazing.

I made some spicy chick peas today. I put the dry chick peas in water last night, so they were completely soaked. In other words - let them soak in water for approximately 24 hours.

Then I took my favorite chile powder, mixed it with olive oil and salt. Here you have to use your own judgement what is suitable for you and your surrounding :-)

Mix the chick peas with the oil mixture and put on a baking sheet.

Heat the oven to 175C, and let the chick peas cook for about an hour. Stir occasionally.


It's perfect with a glass of vinho verde or orange juice or whatever you prefer on a Friday afternoon.

Wishing you all a nice weekend!

Hot regards,
  Mats

No comments:

Post a Comment