Sunday 23 May 2010

Me and Mr. Miyagi?

Sunshine and 25 degrees yesterday. Strong winds, rain and 10 degrees today.

Can you guess what that means for a chile grower who has moved the plants out to the balcony?
























Yes... I sort of knew it when we went out at lunchtime today. That the winds would do some harm. But I didn't take action. It has happened before, and it will probably happen again.

When we came home in the afternoon, a chair had fallen over one of the plants. Breaking two branches completely, and damaged two other branches.
















It's sad. It's my "olho de pombo", Capsicum chinense. Full of flowers.

So I tried to do my best with surgery tape, and try to fix the damaged branches. The other two I will try to make them develop roots.














Anyway, I felt a little like Mr. Miyagi in Karate Kid, when he fixed the broken bonzai tree. What do you think about my new skills? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment