Sunday 23 August 2009

Harvest time

Finally! The moment I've been waiting for :-) Time to pick some ripe chiles! During the attacks of the strong winds this summer, the plants have dropped some fruits on the balcony floor, which we of course have tasted. But nothing compares to the taste of the fruits that have matured on the plant! So it was a big moment when I picked three pods on the balcony today.

And we were not disappointed. Fantastic taste and heat. I always sense a distant taste of raspberry in the dedo de moça. I picked them nine hours ago, and saved some seeds, without using gloves or else protecting my fingers. And I can still feel a disturbing heat / irritation on my finger tops. Amazing!

Here they are :-)


Hopefully more harvest pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment