Thursday 26 April 2012

Repotting Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend

Hi!

Thursday already! I have some weeks off work, and a while ago, I thought I had an ocean of free time. What an illusion! My new job starts on Wednesday, so soon I won't be counting days, but rather hours :-)
It's been a good time off work, and I have been living a kind of effortless life. No achievements, no todolists or stuff like that. But today I noticed that the Trinidad Scorpion has been growing a lot lately. So it was definitely time to repot this hot little friend. The roots have developed very well. I usually check at the bottom of the pot to see if the roots show. And they did. That's a good simple indicator that it's time for repotting.

Said and done. Here it is in its new pot. Looking good!

If we now could have some warmer weather, the plants could soon go out on the balcony. At least during daytime.  It's good to have the blog as a kind of diary. I see that last year, I moved them out on the balcony on May 21st. Also, the heading on that post was - "Trying to learn from experience" http://chilesinstockholm.blogspot.se/2011/05/trying-to-learn-from-experience.html. The lesson was that I should not be so impatient, but rather try to wait a little longer... The winds are usually very strong on the balcony during spring. So this year I hope that I will not have any broken plants.

A comment for Mia. I promised to get back to you about the soil. (ICA - I love eco). So far, I'm very happy with it. Compared to previous years, the plants look much healthier. And I also wonder if not the aphids that more or less destroyed my last year, came from the soil I used then.

I'm still using coffee grounds as fertilizer. It seems to work fine. I also use other fertilizers as well of course.

Well, this turned out to be a long post. Wishing you all a nice weekend when it's time for that!

Hot regards,
   Mats

No comments:

Post a Comment